Simply try out another tank

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Simply try out another tank

Post by MrsT »

The bigger shrimplet growing beautifully

6weeks old
Attachments
ezgif.com-crop.gif
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Here is one larvae I believe just molted and morph into a tiny adult body. Sorry it wasn't clear, but you can see how it stretches its tail pointing upwards, it has not really got use to it's swimmeret yet.
Age- unknown -
Attachments
Molter and stretching out
Molter and stretching out
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Another one learning to grab onto larva rock.
Attachments
Not stable yet
Not stable yet
Learning to latch
Learning to latch
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Learning to swim. It fell down after certain distance , I guess it's the water depth and bigger tank, they will take time handle compare to a small jar.
But they never give up.
Attachments
ezgif.com-crop (5).gif
ezgif.com-crop (4).gif
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Here it is, larvae paddling :smt005
Attachments
ezgif.com-crop.gif
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks again for the pics! As for the snail and the cyanobacteria...I don't doubt your snail is eating whatever is in your tank. I just know it's most likely not the nasty, smelly, silky, dark green cyanobacteria species that frequently infests tanks. Aquarists have been on the lookout for something that eats that stuff for decades.
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

My tank remains the same other than increasing small population of the young ones. I've been missing for awhile because I've been busy.
The mating kept going sometimes 2 days in a roll sometimes once a week.
Here are few shots within 5 minutes watching them mating. Sorry I'm abit pervy on this lmao :P
Attachments
(3) And another attempt. I believe this is a fail attempt too. Look at the male suddenly fainted or lack of energy letting loose. I'm assuming he though t he was in a good position to ejaculate but she kicked him off and he wasted it all in the water column. Okay maybe i imagine too much :p lol
(3) And another attempt. I believe this is a fail attempt too. Look at the male suddenly fainted or lack of energy letting loose. I'm assuming he though t he was in a good position to ejaculate but she kicked him off and he wasted it all in the water column. Okay maybe i imagine too much :p lol
Another attempt (2) fail
Another attempt (2) fail
An attempt (1) fail
An attempt (1) fail
Arquisto
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Arquisto »

Wow those are some really good shots!
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Arquisto wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:33 pm Wow those are some really good shots!
Thank you Arquisto, I wish I have more time for them but my schedule are tight :( , which is also one of the reason the tank is left outdoor with no maintenance.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Great shots! The third one is definitely a "fail", but the first one and probably even the second one were successful matings. The males don't need much time to deposit their sperm package right next to the females genital openings. A second or two is enough. :)
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Mustafa wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 pm Great shots! The third one is definitely a "fail", but the first one and probably even the second one were successful matings. The males don't need much time to deposit their sperm package right next to the females genital openings. A second or two is enough. :)
Thank you Mustafa for responding.
:shock: A second or two? That fast? Wow impressive LoL :smt005
Sasquatch
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Sasquatch »

A second or two is all I need as well :wink: maybe I was a shrimp in my previous life
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Sasquatch wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:27 pm A second or two is all I need as well :wink: maybe I was a shrimp in my previous life
LoL :smt005
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I hear "naked" shrimp females (mating happens right after the female molts) are VERY exciting to the males...they can barely hold it together. Plus the female doesn't ever seem too interested in mating....after a long, hard chase it's kinda like: "Ok, ok..fine...i'm tired, you're horny, I REALLY want to rest...just get it over with..QUICKLY!!" :-D
Sasquatch
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Sasquatch »

Mustafa wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm "Ok, ok..fine...i'm tired, you're horny, I REALLY want to rest...just get it over with..QUICKLY!!" :-D
That’s what she said!
:smt005