Java moss in the tank

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Mrhandsome
Egg
Egg

Java moss in the tank

Post by Mrhandsome »

Do you think it can survived at sg 1.016?
i<3Opae
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Java moss in the tank

Post by i<3Opae »

I don't believe it does well in salinity range for Opae Ula. There has been other threads about java moss, java fern, etc. Just search for those key words above forum topics.
Wendy
Larva
Larva

Post by Wendy »

I would say no to Java moss in tank.
Mrhandsome
Egg
Egg

Post by Mrhandsome »

Update: It has been a week and the java moss is doing well. My opa ula loves those moss.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

"Doing well?" What does that mean? It's till green? Just do yourself and the shrimp a favor and take that moss out. Java moss stays green for a VERY long time while it's dying and while it's already dead. It's just going to cause you problems in the future. Just trust me on that...in the last 14 years we always have people coming in here and claiming that all kinds of freshwater plants that they "read" were brackish tolerant were "doing well" only to either disappear forever when asked how their plants are doing or respond that the plants died and caused a disaster.

Just trust me...you're not discovering some never before seen brackish or possibly marine "java moss." I'll have an article on this very shortly so I don't have to repeat myself and beginners in the hobby like you can access it easily in the articles section of this website.