Brown Algae on Wall

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Brown Algae on Wall

Post by MrsT »

Wendy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm I realised that the mama have dropped some eggs! The clutch of eggs seems to be smaller now. oh my... I am worried there's very little egg by then :cry: She have become more active comparatively, she wonder around quite alot.
She's still new on carrying eggs, berried will happen again very soon after the first time dropping. Her active has a lot to do with finding a place to hide, she wants no disturbance from other male opae. I've seen many times which the male just love to harass the new mom but not the experienced mom. So no worries let her practice.
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

It will all work out :)
Wendy
Larva
Larva

Post by Wendy »

Finally! The eggs have hatched and I just found 6 larvae floating at the tank so far. I hope there's more as they are so tiny, it's really easy for them to hide in the rock.
:D :D :D
Attachments
IMG_20180802_221244.jpg
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Oh :smt007 congrats
crittersni
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by crittersni »

Good for you!! My first hatch was on 6/2/18. Around 7/23 I saw the tiny shrimp swimming with the adults. Around the end of June and into July, I had many new larvae, as I had several berried shrimp hatching around the same period of time. I now see adults, tiny shrimps and a few teeny shrimps when they are against a dark background. I have enjoyed this so much. If you haven't already, get a good magnifying glass.

BTW, I love your penguin!!!!
Wendy
Larva
Larva

Post by Wendy »

crittersni wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm Good for you!! My first hatch was on 6/2/18. Around 7/23 I saw the tiny shrimp swimming with the adults. Around the end of June and into July, I had many new larvae, as I had several berried shrimp hatching around the same period of time. I now see adults, tiny shrimps and a few teeny shrimps when they are against a dark background. I have enjoyed this so much. If you haven't already, get a good magnifying glass.

BTW, I love your penguin!!!!
That's really lovely. I saw one female is saddled now, hope she will be berried soon. The larvae is now a small little tiny shrimp. So small that I easily missed it. These babies likes to stay on the seafan and hide inside the corals hole. Perfectly hide one shrimp per hole. :lol:

The penguin is made of glass, brought it in Hokkaido, Japan two years ago. I also have a polar bear and gold fish. It's really cute :)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Congrats! :D