Fresh Tank

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

ShrimpZen
Egg
Egg

Fresh Tank

Post by ShrimpZen »

https://imgur.com/a/c4WoTlo

Hello everyone.

The above tank (link) is one that I bought to house a Betta. It's 3.5 gallons and did have a filtering device initially. I had a Betta in there for about a week and unfortunately it decided to jump into said filtering device and there it died. I was pretty upset having spent $85 on the tank, accessories, and fish and losing the fish in under a week.

Many years ago I had Opae Ula and unfortunately had zero education on them and failed them. Until recently I had completely forgotten about them as an aquatic pet option. However when I was trying to figure out how to salvage my tank I found this website and read and read and read. I just received my salt, rocks, and macroalgea from Mustafa today and have set up my tank to start growing algae.

Forgive the marimo balls...... I already had received them prior to reading through the moss ball thread.

Nothing is being reused from the Betta set up with the exception of the tank itself. All of the materials inside the tank are new.

I plan to order 20 shrimp and 10 snails once my tank is established.

Thanks for reading!
i<3Opae
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Fresh Tank

Post by i<3Opae »

Sounds like a nice tank for the shrimp! Good luck with getting it cycled! :D
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for sharing! In a week or two your tank should be ready for some inhabitants! :)
LittlePenny
Larva
Larva

Post by LittlePenny »

Very cool tank and a beautiful set up! I love the black sand. Please post more photos when the shrimps move in :D
Super Jess
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Super Jess »

Your tank looks great! I like how the big decoration creates "caves" for these little guys. Did you get your shrimp?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Any updates? Did you get shrimp?