Small golden algae eaters and shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Not your job. This isn't the snail forum after all, I just thought you might know.

I've ordered a few of the alleged fresh water nerites that breed in fresh water. We'll see if they really do, or if they just eat the algae my shrimp won't.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

badflash wrote: I've ordered a few of the alleged fresh water nerites that breed in fresh water. We'll see if they really do, or if they just eat the algae my shrimp won't.
Good. :) Now we'll finally prove what I have been saying all along. She's not breeding any of these animals. Keep us up to date with your purchase and breeding efforts.

You should have also bought some of her "home-bred" Amano shrimp and see if amphipods hatch out of their eggs and miraculously turn into adult amanos at some point. :wink: :-D :smt043
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Olive Nerites

Post by badflash »

Hey, who knows? There are endless rumours of land locked nerites. Maybe someone (wilma) has found some. Either way, I need some of these guys even if they don't reproduce.

If they are pond snails, I'll put in for a charge back, but I don't think that is likely. This person seems even more ignorant than me, but not dishonest. She claims to be selling tank bred snails, not ones caught in the wild.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Nerites arrived.

Post by badflash »

Wilma's shipment of nerites arrived and were well packed. I won't know until tomorrow what the survival rate is, but most are moving about. She included a juvenile nerite she said she raised. It is an itty bitty nerite much like the adults, only the size of the head of a hatpin (if anyone knows what THEY are).

I suppose she could have gotten a juvie in with an order of adults and is passing them off as ones she bred, but we'll just have to wait and see.