Cray questions

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

fish newb
<b>BANNED</b>

Cray questions

Post by fish newb »

well im thinking about getting a small invert breeding "buisness"(<- not really more i just want to start breeding inverts and stuff)

so im wondering what tank size people keep a pair of dwarf crays. would a 10g tank just for them be fine? with sand substraight a hob filter with a sponge prefilter(already have the filter so im wondering) and some rocks with anubis and mosses and maybe other stuff be good? im used to planted tanks so plants arent a problem.

[Admin: portion of post violating rules deleted. Tip: Do NOT post things that you already KNOW violate the rules! First warning.]
-=- fish newb -=-
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Hi fish newb

Welcome to this forum

It is against the rules to ask where to get or try and sell in this forum.

Yes, the Petshrimp Store is one Place to purchase Dwarf Crayfish.
I myself purchased Dwarf Crayfish from the Petshrimp Store and they are doing great and the service was even better.

If you can not wait until Mustafa restocks the Petshrimp Store, Tty Aquabid or Ebay.

Try reading the Articles section of this web-site, or, other posts in this forum. there is alot of good information .

I have 5 Dwarf Cajun Crayfish in a 10gal with a air driven sponge filter and sand bottom.
Plants are java moss, nubius.

Crayfish need hidding places after they molt, so you will need to provide this for them.

I Hope This Helps
John
fish newb
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by fish newb »

thanks for the info. sorry about the rule breaking... this forum is very strick so i was kinda confused. most other places i visit let you, thats why i said delete away if necessary since i wasnt sure sorry if it did any harm.

a question that i thought of today was are the orange mexican dwarf ones and the cajin dwarf ones diffrent speicies or are they subspieces. i was wondering about cross breeding..

thanks so far!

- fn