ID these crayfish please **Pics**

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mothi
Egg
Egg

ID these crayfish please **Pics**

Post by Mothi »

Here are a few pictures of my crayfish I have in a 40g tank.

The largest of them is nearing 3 inches. When I bought them they were close to 2" long. (length is tail tip to nose)

I have had them for about a month now I think.
Mothi
Egg
Egg

Post by Mothi »

I think they might be Red Swamp Crayfish (Procambarus clarkii). My largest one is about 3.5" now. Scared me when I saw him since I didn't think he was that big not long ago. Anyways, I am down to 7 of my original 10 which tells me they really need more room and more hiding places (maybe more food to keep them off each other?). I also saw some grown up of the ones I have from the pet shop I got them from. They have red bumpy claws with some having a ligher red back or an aquaish color to them.

So anyone have any feedback?
CanadianCray
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by CanadianCray »

Definately not a Procambarus clarkii (Red Swamp Crayfish). Looks like a Marble Cray. Where did you get these crays from. I may be able to give you a better idea.
Mothi
Egg
Egg

Post by Mothi »

Yeah, they look like the marble crayfish, but they got more red in them and some light aquaish color too. Mine are not adults yet and the pictures were obviously not full grown either. The ones I saw at the pet store that were larger were more red, so I thought maybe the red swamp crayfish looked most similar to them, but mine still aren't overly red. The pet store is an asian mom-pop shop. I didn't ask where they got them from. They told me to check back next wednesday though if I wanted more babies of them. They costed only $0.99 each.

Is there any more information about the marble crayfish? I want to identify them so I can know how large they get as adults so I can situation their tank better for when they reach full size.

I have a 150g tank that is sitting empty on my floor. I was thinking of filling it 1/3 or 1/2 with water and maybe housing some blue crayfish in it. Then getting another tank for some dwarf cajun crayfish. The ones I have right now that I am trying to identify are 7 in a 40g wide tank.
CanadianCray
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by CanadianCray »

Ok well that changes things. If they are still just babies they may change a lot when full grown. Many crays have this pattern when small then lose it as an adult.