another 13 shots of my shrimp...

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

ernopena
Larva
Larva

another 13 shots of my shrimp...

Post by ernopena »

Here's really the last of my shrimp pics, the best for last:

BTW, if you have a decent digital camera, please put it into MACRO mode, turn off the flash, shine a bright light into your tank and takes some pictures. I'd like to see pictures of OPS (Other People's Shrimp)!

(Hawaiian Reds, Opae Ula)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

HI Ernie,

You might want to upload your pictures to the petshrimp forum user galleries (look on the menu to the left). That way they will be easier to find for others once this thread becomes old and disappears in the archives. Just a tip.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Please do ernopena, when I am able to take pictures of my shrimp I will also post them on the user galleries :) Thanks again for you pictures!
straitjacketstar
Egg
Egg

Post by straitjacketstar »

Lovely shots! Out of curiosity, where did you purchase your Opae ula? I'm considering a 2.5 set-up featuring the little cuties but don't know where I'd get them locally. PM me, I'd like to ask you a few questions on your set-up and maintenance. :D
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

straitjacketstar wrote:Out of curiosity, where did you purchase your Opae ula?
Please ask this through PM next time as you are breaking the rules.
ernopena
Larva
Larva

Post by ernopena »

straitjacketstar wrote:Lovely shots! Out of curiosity, where did you purchase your Opae ula? I'm considering a 2.5 set-up featuring the little cuties but don't know where I'd get them locally. PM me, I'd like to ask you a few questions on your set-up and maintenance. :D
Thanks...

All of my shrimp are rescued from 3 of those cheap ecosphere jars that my friend's parents bought in Honolulu. She said her parents quickly got tired of the novelty, so she gave them all to me...

about 3-4 months ago, I broke open all the jars and placed them into this old fishbowl. I have a 3 gallon tank cycled and ready for them when I move in a month or so...
dhavoc
Egg
Egg

Post by dhavoc »

Nice pics. cant seem to get any clear shots of mine, i just stink with cameras. lucky opae, those eco-spheres are cruel death traps. mine are now hapilly breeding in a 2.5 in my office with no real care except topping off water and feeding once a week or so. its kind of neat watching those bouncing mosquito larvae (thats what the larval stage looks like to me). good luck with yours.

on a sad side note, my parents just came back from a golf trip to the Hilton Waikoloa in Kona and in the many pools that were once "red" with shrimp the last time they were there are now empty of shrimp.... apparently according to the grounds keepers, the heavy 40+ days straight of rain we had earlier this year changed the water so much they either died or fled back thru the cracks into the lava. hopefully the later is true and they will re-emerge once the salinity gets back to where they like it. he said in his lifetime there, he has never seen this happen before.