The Shrimp Shop is open!!!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

The Shrimp Shop is open!!!

Post by Mustafa »

Hey guys,

The shrimp shop at Pethshrimp.com is now officially open. I have put up the first shrimp species (the good old Red Cherry) for sale and more species will be following over the next couple of months as my females produce sufficient numbers of young for sale.

The next shrimp to be put up for sale will be the Sri Lanka Algae Shrimp Caridina simoni simoni, one of my favorites.

Mustafa
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Pigheaddd »

Mustafa,

Are you going to import some Caribbean Dwarf Filter Shrimp Micratya poeyi ? If so, possible to get some for me? We can combine shipping cost. If it is ok for you, you can pm me for price. I want at least 10 of them. I will have more chance to get different sex.

If you cannot, I am just waiting for offspring from you. :lol: Just let you know. Make sure if they are good breeders. I know some Asia countries they only export male shrimps, such as crystal red. It is not good!!!

Thanks for help,
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

The Micratya poeyi are going to be hard to get since there are no commercial exporters for those. I would have to literally go down to the carribbean and catch some myself. Then, there is the problem with breeding them. As far as I know, they need Brackish water to Saltwater for the development of their tiny larvae.

As you can see they are not as easy to get and breed as other Shrimp, but still not impossible...if I could just get my hands on them soon!! :)

So, don't hold out for those yet, but if I ever get any, I will definitely let you know.

Mustafa
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

Where in the Caribbean? I have some friends in Barbados.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

They occur all over the caribbean, on almost all islands. The picture on my website is from shrimp that were caught in Cuba. Barbados should have an interesting shrimp fauna, too, so if your friend does not mind taking a net and catching some shrimp and sending them over, I could breed them and make them available here in the US. As I said they are not easy to breed and it takes some equipment, special food and know-how to even attempt to breed them.

Mustafa