Bizzare Amano behavior

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

MacTech
Egg
Egg

Bizzare Amano behavior

Post by MacTech »

if i didn't experience it myself i'd never believe it....

i woke up this morning (5:25 AM EST) because nature called, when i walked back into the bedroom, i noticed a faint bluish-green glow from within the tank

It turns out one of my Amanos is *glowing*, a faint iridescent bluish-green, almost like an "Indiglo" shrimp, there's no light sources shining into the tank, the shrimp is glowing on it's own....bizzare

upon further inspection, i notice another faint bluish-green glow in the tank, i grab a flashlight, and shine it in the tank, it lights up a dead amano, strange, i move the plant the glowing amano is on and it moves, slowly and stiffly, perhaps the glowing is a sign of impending death?

i did have an indiglo nightlight on an extension cord near the tank, but it was not shining directly into the tank (i sometimes use it as a "moonlight" for the tank, but this time i didn't, it was nowhere near the tank

anyone else experienced this?

<edit>
the glowing amano is dead, not sure why or how it happened, but it's gone, yet still glowing