Funny shrimp stories

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Aphyosemion
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Funny shrimp stories

Post by Aphyosemion »

Okay, since I am being chatty today in the forums, I thought I would relate a funny little story about my amano shrimp.
When I bought them the other day, they were very active and swimming around the bag from the pet store. By the time I had gotten them home, they had all settled on a leaf and a small plant shoot that had gotten mixed in the bag with them. I had a hard time getting them out of the bag because they were all clamped on the leaf for dear life and refused to get off. Then, when I netted them and tried to swoosh them around in the fish tank, they wouldn't get off the net. After I finally thought I had gotten them all off, I took the little plant shoot that I had laid on the counter while gathering shrimp and looked at it, wondering what kind of plant it was. I was about to throw it away when I noticed there on the shoot, was an amano shrimp who had refused to let go of the plant, even after sitting on the counter for a couple of minutes! I was so surprised at seeing the little guy on the plant I jumped and and almost dropped it. Luckily he was added to the tank in short order and is no worse for his little out of water adventure. Amano shrimp sure love their vegetables!
Anyone else have any funny stories about their shrimp?