Field Trip!

This forum is read-only.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

We'll we didn't find any, but we had a great time. We brought back a bunch of neat crayfish and a hatchling painted turtle. We also found a bunch of snails I am unfamiliar with.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

badflash wrote:We'll we didn't find any, but we had a great time. We brought back a bunch of neat crayfish and a hatchling painted turtle. We also found a bunch of snails I am unfamiliar with.
hope we will some pic of what you found
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Maybe next time. Little critters such as these are hard to find and hard to see once you find them.

I am moving this topic to the "other inverebrates" forum to avoid any confusion about what Mysis really are and if they are closely related to our aquarium shrimp (they are not).
Cableguy
Larva
Larva

Post by Cableguy »

Mustafa wrote:Maybe next time. Little critters such as these are hard to find and hard to see once you find them.

I am moving this topic to the "other inverebrates" forum to avoid any confusion about what Mysis really are and if they are closely related to our aquarium shrimp (they are not).
i got my first saltwater tank a couple months ago and i've got a crapload of mysis, they're really interesting, great fun to watch scooting around behind my liverock (the back isn't covered so i can see behind my liverock)
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

The type I was hunting for can reproduce in fresh water.
Cableguy
Larva
Larva

Post by Cableguy »

badflash wrote:The type I was hunting for can reproduce in fresh water.
yep, i read the whole thing, i just thought that i'd extoll the virtues of the saltwater mysis also since it's probably overlooked by alot of saltwater keepers

have a camelback shrimp in there too, harder to find than the mysis, only comes out when there's food around but a real nice shrimp