There's still some hope

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

There's still some hope

Post by ToddnBecka »

I've been getting quite discouraged with the C. patzcuarensis. Most of them have died off for unknown reasons, while the shrimp and spixi's thrive and multiply. Even the few juvies I had seen haven't been (seen) for several weeks now, so I presume they have been recycled as well.
Out of 20 there are now 4-5 remaining, with a single orange male out of the 6 pure oranges. The rest are orange/browns, like this one:
I'm really hoping that the lower number of adults may mean better chances of the young surviving.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i have a dozen of orange ,
and even if lot of publication says they are gentle between them , let me tell you , that's not always true , specially just before molt and after molt.

2 days ago i was moving pair to have one pair by tank , and in the moving container i catch :
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Wow, you have that much? Congrats! Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i have 3 beried female i some young now.
TurtleBoyPW5
Larva
Larva

Post by TurtleBoyPW5 »

[message breaking rules deleted by admin]
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

TurtleBoyPW5 wrote:anyone know where they are available for purchase? (besides overseas)
please do yourself a favor and read the forum rules carefully before something bad happen ;-)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Turtleboy...please re-read the rules and remember them in the future.
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

One key for me to lower tha aggression between them is to feed them plenty almost every day. I have managed to have more than 20 in a 22 gallon tank without mayor problems.

The tank has moss whic converted in some nice algae mountains that they use for cover. I also put in the tank some pvc tubes as well as some cambomba(I believe this is the plant) that is not rooted to the substrate, just floating. This provides them with what I call another level of protection and comfort.

I have seen that when they molt, they cling to these floating plants and stay there for a couple of days.

-Pedro