Opae Ula

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: Opae Ula

Post by Neonshrimp »

janbee, you should PM Mustafa the question you posted, it is against the rules to post buy/sell questions and information.
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

Mustafa wrote:Who says they need/have to eat spirulina? Just spirulina is most likely not nutritious enough anyway.
oh, absolutely. You're right, I had only planned on using plain spirulina powder as a supplement, with algae and other natural foods as their main diet. As it is, I give my shrimp tanks only a tiny bit of fish food once a week. It's literally only as much as comes out on the very tip of a sharp paring knife for each 10 gallon tank. I didn't think about it until you mentioned - that I would be feeding so sparingly to make effects of filtering upside-down or ingesting a little air negligible in the long run. Thanks for setting me straight, as always.
The less you do with them, the better. You really, really do not want to overfeed the tank.
agreed. I feed my shrimp much, much less than most folks I encounter and know my shrimp do a whole lot better for it. Better color, more breeding, nice shiny carapaces, and no 'mysterious deaths'. 100% of my buyers compliment me on the coloration of their new shrimp. I made no efforts toward selective breeding for color, BTW. When they ask my 'secret', I reply that there is no one recipe for happy shrimp except to try to replicate their natural diet and habits. It's something I learned from this site and I (well, my shrimp - to be more exact) live by it.
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

Neonshrimp wrote:janbee, you should PM Mustafa the question you posted, it is against the rules to post buy/sell questions and information.
yes, it sure is against the rules so be careful. We remind new members to keep them from getting banned, and not to be mean.

Also, if Mustafa had shrimp for sale they would be posted in his Store on this site, which is empty at the moment ;-)
Again, just a gentle reminder because you're new and seem nice. But everyone here is expected to read all the info readily available by clicking each link on the left of the screen and reading every one of the articles.