Identification

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

andrzejz
Egg
Egg

Identification

Post by andrzejz »

Please help me with identification.
Attachments
Dsc_5402.jpg
Dsc_5402.jpg (79.05 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Dsc_5190.jpg
Dsc_5190.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
Dsc_4654.jpg
Dsc_4654.jpg (47.14 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
jcem2989
Egg
Egg

Re: Identification

Post by jcem2989 »

Hi, I am Janssen here.... looked at your shrimp photos and they are great (Wished I had them too..). Unfortunately I am too new in shrimp raising and could not help you but I will try look into the internet to find you some information. If have them will post the url to you. Take care and have a shrimp day...

Regards

Janssen
wklotz
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by wklotz »

Hi Janssen!

Theese shrimp couldn´t be identified on basis of a foto.
Probably the shrimp on 3rd and 1st photo belong to C. weberi but also can be C.typus. The larger one on pic 2 is either a member of genus Atyopsis (moluccensis or spinipes) or belong to the genus Atyoida.
If you can send us on ort two specimen of each species we can do a microcopical examination and species determination of your shrimp.

Cheers from Austria
Werner
-------------
crusta10.de
jcem2989
Egg
Egg

Post by jcem2989 »

Hi Wklotz, actually I am not the one posted this question, was trying to help but I am also just a beginner in shrimp raising. Maybe you could help me in my question posted as "How much zeolite is safe in hanging filters?" posted earlier under my username jcem2989. Would be greatfull if you could help cos nobody has answered my post yet.

Thanks anyway

Janssen
wklotz
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by wklotz »

Hi Janssen!

Im am sorry but I am not able to answer this question because I never used any absorbend/ion exchange filter substrate in one of my shrimp tanks. On my opinion water exchanges are best for water quality!

Cheers
Werner
jcem2989
Egg
Egg

Post by jcem2989 »

Hi Werner, thanks for your reply anyway, appreciate it. I still maintain my daily 15% water changes and now I have around 4 pregnant Malayan shrimps running around in the tank. One of the shrimp's eggs are turning deep yellow (which was dark brown from the start). Hmm hope I would have small shrimplets swimming around in my tanks soon. See you and take care.

Janssen
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Janssen...what you are doing here is considered "hijacking" someone else's thread. Please refrain from doing that in the future. If nobody answers your question then there is a reason why. If people have something to contribute, they will.