Shrimp Food

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Ashton
Egg
Egg

Shrimp Food

Post by Ashton »

I've always kept Shrimps in my tanks with fish, but I'm in the process of setting up a Shrimp only tank (mainly CRS) and I was wondering if I should feed them anything special or will they be OK just eating algea wafers which I've always put in for them?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Shrimp Food

Post by Mustafa »

May I suggest researching this on this website (articles, species descriptions, forum search) as this has been discussed many, many times over many, many years? It's also part of the rules here (which I recommend re-reading).
jcem2989
Egg
Egg

Re: Shrimp Food

Post by jcem2989 »

Dear Ashton, with my experience and reading and asking (just started few months), it should not be a problem by just giving them your algae wafers (safe enough). Just check everything that you buy and make sure all ingredients does not contain copper. I am currently raising red cherry (have about 15 of them) and Malaya shrimps (have about 15 of them) in a small tank. But I personally would prefer a 10gallon tank because the water parameters would be more stable. As for my shrimps I also do give them pellets which they float and to solve this problem i always soak my fingertips partially in the watertank and have a swirl movement with my fingers then release the pellets into the tank and wallah they will sink to the bottom of the tank. Go ahead and give them algae wafers and feed them with out worries cos they are safe and just make sure there are no left overs after a few minutes. If there are then just remove them or you will get a ammonia spike.

Take care and happy shrimp raising. Hope to see some photos of your crs when available.

Janssen