new Chinese species popping up on AquaBid

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

JohnPaul
Larva
Larva

new Chinese species popping up on AquaBid

Post by JohnPaul »

Not sure if folks here have been watching AquaBid lately, but there is a new seller (well, I presume new, he has only 24 feedbacks) on AquaBid who claims to live in China and says he is collecting species there. Among the species he says he is selling are one he calls Flame Shrimp (looks similar to an RCS to me but he says it is a different species) and a "Spots Shrimp" (mostly clear with a brownish shading and some rust colored spots).

If any of our resident experts have seen these listings and taken a look at the pictures provided, I'd be curious to hear what you think. I'd link to the auctions but I'm not sure if that would be a violation of the no buying/selling/promoting rules so I'll hold off. But if you go to AB and search for the shrimp names I just gave, you should be able to find them easy enough.

Thoughts?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: new Chinese species popping up on AquaBid

Post by Mustafa »

That guy has been selling there for a while. It's just a bunch of chinese species, some of them have saltwater larvae, some don't. I've never received any shrimp from that person so I can't comment, but if they are wild-caught, then they aren't going to be all that different with regards to survival rate during shipping from other wild-caught shrimp.