In need of a little help

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jorael
Egg
Egg

In need of a little help

Post by jorael »

Hi everyone

Quick intro, I'm Ken from England and very new to the hobby having bought my first shrimp only 3 days ago for my 25g tank, I bought 5 amano shrimp as they seem to be the only kind sold anywhere near where I live. But here's where I need some help, when I got them home I found out that I actually had 6, 5 amano and 1 tiny uninvited guest which despite many hours of searching the net I have not yet been able to identify. The closest likeness I have been able to find is this.

It's almost the same as the above but it's black not red and it has turquoise spots. About the only thing I do know about it is I'm obviously caring for it correctly as it's almost doubled in size already

Any help identifying this would be great, then I can start reading up on it.

Ken
southerndesert
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: In need of a little help

Post by southerndesert »

It is likely the same shrimp, Cardinal Shrimp (caridina sp.) from Sulawesi. I also keep this shrimp and a search here will bring up some info. Here are a few photos...

jorael
Egg
Egg

Post by jorael »

Thanks for the reply, that's definitely what I've got, the colour difference made me a bit unsure. I must say, the little guys are definitely addictive to watch.

Ken
Mitch
Egg
Egg

Post by Mitch »

Wow nice shrimp. Lucky you got him!