Blue Rams Horn Snails

This forum is read-only.
mithrius
Egg
Egg

Blue Rams Horn Snails

Post by mithrius »

Do you have any blue rams horn snails?
I am thinking of breeding for them! But i dont know if this is something only acheivable if you have blue ones to begin with?
I currently have one pink/reddish rams horn snail and 2 very small baby regular brownish rams horn
if they all make babies, is there a chance i will get a blue one as well?
did u just buy it from the store? of did u just by chance end up with one? or many?

Does anyone have any pictures? i found a few on the internet, but they are so blue and the shell was so intricate... i find it hard to believe!!!
JohnPaul
Larva
Larva

Re: Blue Rams Horn Snails

Post by JohnPaul »

Theoretically, if you just kept breeding brown ramshorns you might eventually get the occasional one with a blue coloring...but that would take forever. If you really want blue (or any other color), you basically need to find someone who has a strain of that color already going and get some from them.
chris666
Egg
Egg

Re: Blue Rams Horn Snails

Post by chris666 »

True. In theory if you keep breeding brown ones eventually you might end with something that comes out Blue. Like the previous poster already suggested, better to find someone with a Blue one, get a couple and within a few months you got blue rams horns coming out of your ears. They breed like crazy .