Newbie with RCS that are white

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

knightnurse14
Egg
Egg

Newbie with RCS that are white

Post by knightnurse14 »

Hi. I am Don Elder. I live in Broken Arrow OK. I have had a RCS tank for about a year and got my initial stock from a local fish store. A month or so ago I started noticing that some of the younger ones have very white/cream colored tails. Seems like just mails. I am going to upload a pic if I can.
Didn't a line come off of the RCS that is called snowball shrimp. I am wondering if maybe I have what could have been some cast off's from that breeding program.
Any thoughts. Also would it be worth my while to try to breed some of these true?
Attachments
white shrimp.jpg
white shrimp.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 646 times
knightnurse14
Egg
Egg

Re: Newbie with RCS that are white

Post by knightnurse14 »

Seriously am I on the wrong board or is my post just not worth responding to? Ps can anyone refer me to a discussion board where I might get a response to this post?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Newbie with RCS that are white

Post by Mustafa »

It was a weekend and most people aren't glued to their computers over the weekend. Not like it's been a week or so without response. Your animal seems to have some type of muscle deterioration. It does not look like a mutation. Such deterioration can be caused by non-contagious pathogens and/or non-optimal water. And, yes, it does tend to happen mostly in males for some reason. If you have a better picture, it would help make some more definite statements. Either the flash or the white balance or both make the shrimp glow and it's hard to see its real coloration.