Bad molt question

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Bad molt question

Post by demonte1997 »

One of my smaller blue prawn shed about a week ago and has not been right since. It did not touch the carapace, and will not eat any food I put in the tank. It seems very skittish and all out of sorts. Oddly enough, this specimen shows no signs of physical warpage (all appendages are fine).

Is this poor guy SOL? It stinks watching him wither away like this. :/
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Bad molt question

Post by Mustafa »

Do you have a picture of him? Unfortunately, most of the time when a shrimp suffers "damage", for whatever reason, it does recover. That's the case even if the original cause for the "damage" (or physical stress) is gone.
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

I'll snag a pic tonight. Thank you sir.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Ooops...I meant to say "it *doesn't* recover above. Sorry about the potential misunderstanding. I'll take a look at the pic once you upload it.
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

Bad news. :( Little bugger passed away in the night. Still unsure of the reason as the water parameters seem exceptional. Poor guy. RIP Mr. Queso :(
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Unfortunately, that's a very common outcome after you notice that a shrimp isn't doing well.
demonte1997 wrote:Bad news. :( Little bugger passed away in the night. Still unsure of the reason as the water parameters seem exceptional. Poor guy. RIP Mr. Queso :(