Cherax destructor-yabbies

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Cherax destructor-yabbies

Post by Mustafa »

Awesome! :) I'd like to know more about the habits of this species in captivity, especially the F1+ generation, so I really hope it all works out for you!
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

Awful pic. I'm sorry. :(

They are getting along a LOT better now. The female (Clawdia lol) is much more active than the male. It's interesting. I hope they are able to live long and prosper. More pics and description to come as I discover more about them.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Clawdia...you're quite inventive with names...as opposed to me. All my crayfish are called "crayfish" and my shrimp I just call "shrimp." :-D In any case, keep reporting.
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

Clawdia was the girlfriend's idea. Thought it was perfect. :)

Speaking of which, she shed a couple days ago. Grew quite a bit but lost one of her claws. This might be a good thing as Zoidberg is over an inch smaller than her. I'd hate to see her bully him around. They seem to be getting along better at this point. Both are much more active and human friendly. Will try to snag some better pics over the weekend.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Don't forget to add some videos during feeding, too. I'm quite surprised that they are as active as you describe them to be, but then, my only experience with Cherax outside Australia has been with Cherax holthuisi...and those guys are completely incognito during the day (extremely nocturnal species).
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Any updates? Pictures? Videos?