SetinUp A FreshWater AquaScaped Tank 4 Crystals & Cherries

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

SetinUp A FreshWater AquaScaped Tank 4 Crystals & Cherries

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya Mustafa
My Boyfriend & I have got the Shrimp bug lol we just love them & we just brought a very large bowl to use as a tank just to be different & a PAR 38 light bulb for the plants that fits in to a dome desk lap that also acts as a lid & Shrimp Sand that's especial for Shrimp. I've used Good Bacteria in a bottle to help it cycle quicker & I've used RainWater for them as it has a low PH about 6.0-6.5 but it was has no hardness or low hardness. I use to use half RainWater for the PH & half TapWater for the Hardness when I use to breed Discus, Angels, Dwarf Cichlids in a Planted Tank but use all RainWater for breedin Cherries. I also use to have a SaltWater Coral tank & SeaHorse & Mandarines & Angels & Clown Fish. The tank has been setup for a week today & got the water tested & it's all good so we brought 5 A Grade CRS & 1 B Grade CRS was given to us & also had 23 Blue Cherries given to us. I'm wantin to AquScape this tank & I'm wantin 2 know wat r the best plant for AquaScapein & Shrimp ? I was given some Riccia that I attached 2 a rock & other very small leafed plant that I put in a batch. Just got 2 get some more mosses & plants now & a peice of vine drift wood. Wat Plant Fertilizers r safe 4 Shrimp ? Wat CO2 do they use 4 the AquaScaped tanks & is it safe 4 Shrimp ?
Tar tar Patrice
Last edited by ChearpyTrice on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Setin Up A FreshWater AquaScaped Tank 4 Crystals & Cherr

Post by Mustafa »

I would use slow growing plants that can do without fertilizer and CO2...shrimp don't do very well in the long run in fertilized tanks. Java moss generally works well.
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Re: Setin Up A FreshWater AquaScaped Tank 4 Crystals & Cherr

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya
Ok I will leave the fertilizer but I differently want CO2 as all the AquaScapein Tanks use CO2 includein the Nano Tanks to grow the plants & they look amazin especially the 1s with the Shrimp. I really like & want to grow HC cuba or Hemianthus Callitrichoides & it's a ground cover & it needs CO2 to grow. Wat CO2 would be better for a Nano Tank under 50L would CO2 Tabs or Mini CO2 Bottle be better ? Wat type of Moss r theses ?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 1ef4d37d5f
I got them from the side of a Creek Bed & I'm grow them in a bottle with glad rap on the top & I've had them for about a month or so & they r doin well & I'm wantin to grow them in my Shrimps Tank probably attached to a rock or drift wood. Thax
Tar tar Patrice
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: SetinUp A FreshWater AquaScaped Tank 4 Crystals & Cherri

Post by Mustafa »

It's hard to identify moss by just looking at pictures...except for some of the very common ones. There are hundreds (thousands?) of species of mosses out there. As for the CO2, it's kinda useless without fertilizer anyway. CO2 causes the plants to grow faster, but they can't do that without fertilizer. In the end it's really up to you, if you want the best for your shrimp you just can't go with a fully fertilized CO2 tank in the long run.