Too cold to order?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

YoungMrHoward
Larva
Larva

Too cold to order?

Post by YoungMrHoward »

I live in Ohio. I have a gallon brackish aquarium ready for my super shrimp, but it is getting cold in these parts. Should I wait until it is warmer outside to order super shrimp (and neon blue guppies)? Oh... the guppies are not for the brackish tank!!!

Any input will be appreciated...
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Too cold to order?

Post by Mustafa »

I'm not sure if you are the same person who wrote me an email with the same question, but, if so, I replied to that email over a week ago (probably landed in your spam folder). In any case, no, it's not too cold. I ship all kinds of animals all year to all parts of the country. If properly shipped, animals arrive just find. These shrimp in particular have a high tolerance for temperature extremes actually, so I am not overly worried about their well-being during shipping (especially since they are shipped in 1 inch thick temperature controlled extruded polystyrene foam boxes with tight fitting lids. In the winter I even include 72 hour heat packs if warranted. Please let me know once you read this post, because I am going to delete this thread afterwards as it doesn't quite fit into this category (maybe I'll put up a section in the forum for shipping and store questions and move the post there, actually).
YoungMrHoward
Larva
Larva

Re: Too cold to order?

Post by YoungMrHoward »

Thanks. I did not get your e-mail or a notification regarding your reply. Apparently I need to adjust my settings. I look forward to ordering my shrimp. Thanks again.