Shrimp hiding behind filter sponge and not eating food.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Kspec
Egg
Egg

Shrimp hiding behind filter sponge and not eating food.

Post by Kspec »

Hi, i just bought some baby shrimps and 2days now it just hides behind my filter spongge i cant see it most of the time. I try feeding them pellets but they cant seem to eat it. Think its too hard for the baby shrimps. So i feed it fish flakes it dont seem to eat it. ? Wat should i do so they come out from behind the sponge? They stick on the black sponge all the time.
Wat can i feed baby shrimps? They tiny only 1/2 to 1cm long now.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Shrimp hiding behind filter sponge and not eating food.

Post by Mustafa »

Just don't do anything, don't feed anything. If the shrimp don't eat, that means that there is either enough food and/or your tank is not ready for them (not cycled, too much organic stuff in the tank, not enough oxygen etc.). Shrimp are not like most fish...they will find enough food in any given tank. If they are hiding all the time, there is something wrong in your tank. The best thing you can do is just leave the tank alone. Water changes could make things better or worse depending on your source water and how you treat that water. Bottled spring water may help in this case. Whatever you do, just stop throwing food in there.