Will they interbreed

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

mrshrimpy
Egg
Egg

Will they interbreed

Post by mrshrimpy »

Most charts I have seen do not have some of the newer shrimp listed. I was wondering if Tiger/super Tigers (Cardina Cantonensis) will inter breed with the Caridinia Sulawesi. I am thinking of setting up a tank for Sulawesi's, Super Tigers and a Neo either oranges or Blueberries.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Will they interbreed

Post by Mustafa »

Nope. Nothing interbreeds with Caridina sulawesi as far as I can tell (and I have done some experiments), not even Malawa shrimp, which are from the same Island. None of the shrimp you mention will interbreed with each other.
mrshrimpy
Egg
Egg

Post by mrshrimpy »

Thanks. Am planning to convert my 40b to shrimp and would like a variety in it rather than just 1 or 2 types. This is a great forum, simple straight to the point answers. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

You're welcome. I intend to keep the forum more on the informative side for a long time to come. Unfortunately, forums tend to end up just being glorified social clubs with lots of misinformation and speculation over time. This one has always been different. :) Please report back on your progress and experiences with your new shrimp tank.