Is it berry or bacteria?

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

BlueCray_Newbie
Egg
Egg

Is it berry or bacteria?

Post by BlueCray_Newbie »

We brought home a blue cray approximately 9 months ago. She/He has moulted 3 times since putting her in our 125 gallon tank. The tank has a canister filter, regular cleanings, water changes of 25% every 3 weeks.

So far, the cray had grown and remained active, appearing healthy. A diet of tubifex worms, live snails (occasionally), and sometimes will manage a shrimp pellet when we feed the fish.

Habitat is filled with plastic foliage and hiding places include a treasure chest and a man-made rock formation.

Sunday evening while cleaning the tank, we noticed strange 'things' under the tail. They were dark in color, nearly black and round in shape, but appeared to be both attached to the swimmerets AND coming out of her body. When the swimmerets are in motion, it appears the 'things' are being massaged or pulled. It almost appeared like these 'things' were being extracted.

Today, the swimmerets appear inflamed, as if they're swollen and a pinkish, fleshy color. There are some round bumps along the swollen areas.

At first, I thought the cray had 'berried'. But now I'm worried it's actually some kind of bacterial infection.

I am attaching photo(s) for review (my apologies, they are blurry because I have to take them with my phone. The camera has a flash and the reflection on the tank shows nothing but glare). I have video that is much clearer and shows the swimmerets in motion...but not sure if I can upload video here! :-(

Can someone please tell WHAT is going on?
Attachments
Left side appears more bubbled
Left side appears more bubbled
CrayFish 025.jpg (25.47 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Zoomed, but somewhat blurry of Rt Side
Zoomed, but somewhat blurry of Rt Side
CrayFish 017.jpg (26.18 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Right side swimmerets appears more inflamed
Right side swimmerets appears more inflamed
CrayFish 013.jpg (79.37 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
lexi9319
Egg
Egg

Re: Is it berry or bacteria?

Post by lexi9319 »

Mine is in the same shape, she berried but I don't know what's going on with the eggs because they're all fuzzy.. worried something's wrong and she's sick or something