Californias water

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Monkanater
Larva
Larva

Californias water

Post by Monkanater »

what does PH mean any way? i was reading that u need hard water so they dont die cuse there shells dont harden.the water around here in California so hard alot of time iam surprized rocks dont come out if the water facet :-D i mean i did a general hardness test and the chart goes from 0-22 drops. when it truns green that is the water hardness. well anyway our water hardness is off the chart, i was at 40 drops :shock: and it was still not green then i went to the RO and 7 drops was it. so it the water to hard or is it fine...??
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Nothing has been established yet as to what kind of water shrimp species need. Some come from hard water areas, whereas others come from extremely soft water. I would just try to keep them in your normal tap water and see if they reproduce (wait a couple of months), if not...you can always buy bottled "drinking water" which is very soft.

PH tells you how acidic or basic your water is. 7.0 is neutral, above 7 is basic, below 7 is acidic.

Mustafa