Forum question

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Forum question

Post by Harry »

I'm new here, have read the rules and done a search. But could not find my answer. I won't be offended if this post is moved to another forum. But I've noticed that to the left of each post is a circle; sometimes red and sometimes blue. Some have a star. Some seem to be scrolling or moving. Is there a legend somewhere to explain this?
AndyH
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Forum question

Post by AndyH »

From what I can tell:
Red means there is a post in the the thread that you haven't seen yet.
Blue means you already saw it.
A red star appears when it's a thread that you started.
I haven't seen anything to explain it; just kind of figured it out.

EDIT: And as soon as I posted that, a star appeared for this thread even though I didn't start it. Maybe a star means you've posted in the thread.
Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Harry »

Sometimes the lines in a circle move or scroll. Anyone know what that means? Mustafa?
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by KenCotigirl »

Harry I am clueless.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Harry wrote:Sometimes the lines in a circle move or scroll. Anyone know what that means? Mustafa?
That usually means that it's a "hot topic", i.e. a certain number of posts in the topic...I believe the threshold is 25 posts. I thought this information was in the general "FAQ" for the forum (which came with the forum software), but it's not. I guess I should have an information page about it.....