Cherry Shrimp Care

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

phuongus
Egg
Egg

Cherry Shrimp Care

Post by phuongus »

hi guys,
recently joined the hobby and i've got 2 10-gallon tanks running. one community and one just for RCS. i recently purchased my 10 wee little RCS juveniles last week and so far two of them have parted! i ran the tank for 1 week before and i introduced some of the good bacteria from my other and by means of leaving some of my guppies in the tank for a good 2 hours. i have a sponge filter and a semi planted tank. Amazon sword, java fern. anubias, el nino fern peacock fern. the first shrimp that died was the day after i introduced them. and the latest one that died was today, tucked away in a sword plant. any help on how to keep my RCS from dying and reaching breeding age? sorry for the long post, need some help fast!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Cherry Shrimp Care

Post by Mustafa »

Your tank is probably not fully cycled. Unfortunately, you can't do anything but wait for the tank to cycled...which may take up to two months. The shrimp will probably continue dying until then.