Supplements

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

shrimp enthusiast
Egg
Egg

Supplements

Post by shrimp enthusiast »

What kind of supplements are good for Supershrimp ? Or maybe they do not need any supplements at all ? And how do you know if they are starving or are being overfeeded ?
LeShrimp
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Supplements

Post by LeShrimp »

They do not need supplements. It is VERY rare for them to starve because they can live months or even years without being fed a single flake or pellet. Overfeeding is actually pretty common and there are some pretty significant signs.
1. They move way less and they do not scavenge as often.
2. Dead shrimp (of course)
3. If you notice a large algae bloom or if you have snails, if they reproduce very quickly, they are probably being overfed.
shrimp enthusiast
Egg
Egg

Thanks for the info! Could Nerite Snails be kept with the super shrimp? I currently have a few reproducing in my extra tank.
LeShrimp
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by LeShrimp »

Yea, you can keep nerites with them.
shrimp enthusiast
Egg
Egg

Thanks! Is molting a lot of times a good sign? Mine have been molting since I first bought it and is still molting. Is this good? Please tell me.
LeShrimp
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by LeShrimp »

Molting is a very good sign! That means they are growing.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

@shrimp enthusiast

I would highly recommend that you research this topic..i.e. read forum posts and perform a few hours worth of searches using the forum search function. Start out by actually reading the Supershrimp pages on this website. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I already had to delete two others posts of yours where you ask the exact same question that you ask in your original post here in other people's threads (thus hijacking their threads)..and even in the general shrimp forum. All of your questions in this thread have been discussed multiple times over the years. The only way you can actually be successful with these shrimp is....to be patient and do your research. If things still aren't clear, then you can come back and try to look for clarification.