Oh no! What do I do?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

smelbyganzfart
Egg
Egg

Oh no! What do I do?

Post by smelbyganzfart »

I recently visited Hawaii about a week an a half ago and purchased a very small plastic tank of two Hawaiian shrimp. I brought them home on the plane and have now researched them and realized I fell into the trap of assuming they would be just fine in their habitat without any other care. I found out they need a much larger tank and some algae but I would like so direction on what to do next and how to take care of them so I don't torture them for years until they die... help?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Oh no! What do I do?

Post by Mustafa »

Sorry to read that you got duped like so many others. In any case, just read everything in the "Supershrimp!" link above, especially the third link on that page. That will give you all the information you're looking for. Also, research the forum here so you don't end up asking questions that have been asked (and answered) multiple times before. If there are still questions left after that, then you can come back and maybe people will chime in to help.