hi im new with cherry and super

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

tiredhero
Egg
Egg

hi im new with cherry and super

Post by tiredhero »

Hi every one, My name is Ant

I have a mix of cherry and super shrimp around 15 with 9 danios and 4 ramshorn snails,Plenty of moss and hides

So my 64ltr tank is pretty much how i want it, At the moment im thinking about getting another tank and just making a little army of mixed shrimp,

Before i do that i really would like some pointers on what i should not mix shrimp wise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and i would also like to add im hoping to be on here a long time and make new friends :)

I apologise for any miss spellings, I find it hard typing sometimes as im dyslexic.
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: hi im new with cherry and super

Post by KenCotigirl »

Super shrimp? Halocaridina rubra? They do not mix with cherry shrimp. Unless of course you mean another specie. H. rubra are brackish water shrimp. While they may survive in salt free water, they will not thrive.

Also shrimp and fish do not mix.
tiredhero
Egg
Egg

Post by tiredhero »

They both seem fine together and as for the fish i really am not wanting them at the moment, so looking for new tanks,the cherries have gone really red and the super have started shedding, im hoping that's a good sign,and indeed the opae ula,bit bigger than the cherries but they seem to be relaxed around each other,ill keep you updated if things change. Also super have berried,
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by KenCotigirl »

How about some pictures. I was not aware opae would breed in fresh water. If they are opae please read the 'Super Shrimp' articles. Use the link at the top of the page.
tiredhero
Egg
Egg

Post by tiredhero »

IM not too sure if i can do the uploading on my phone but i do have instagram if you have it?

anthonyandrewwilkes is my username not to good with a camera taking pictures of the shrimp though, :(
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by KenCotigirl »

Sorry you lost me with instagram. The picture is just to verify your supershrimp. Not to lecture but no fish and keep opae in brackish water. If you wish to follow your own path i cannot help.

Ken
tiredhero
Egg
Egg

Post by tiredhero »

Apparently super cherry shrimp??? Turns out one had moss of some sort growing on its sack and passed this morning, :( in trying to find another tank to get them out of there

thank you for the advice in going to sort it as soon as i can as its rather upsetting seeing one dead