Filter type i OpeaUla tank

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

stonefox
Larva
Larva

Filter type i OpeaUla tank

Post by stonefox »

Hi

I am in doubt about which filter which will be the best in my aquarium with UpeaUla shrimps. I have read that the foam filters is not good.

What type of filter is the best that will not harm the shrimps or their larvae?

Attached picture show the filter I use ?
Attachments
2014-02-02_07-27-09.jpg
2014-02-02_07-27-09.jpg (103.55 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: Filter type i OpeaUla tank

Post by KenCotigirl »

It is not that foam filters are bad it is that they are not necessary if you follow Mustafa's directions.
stonefox
Larva
Larva

Post by stonefox »

I have been around on the website, but cannot identify what Mustafa is recommending. Can you show me where it is?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Read everything under the "Supershrimp!" link at the top of this page. That should have been the first thing you do even before setting up your tank. While you're at it...read as many relevant posts (i.e. use the search function) as you can in this forum. That should have been the second thing before setting up your tank. You may also want to read some other people's current posts as these kinds of things are mentioned very frequently. I practically say "no filter needed or desired" in almost every other post. It makes no sense (and wastes everyone's time) to have to answer the same question 500+ times...