Procambarus alleni care

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Procambarus alleni care

Post by erikgallagher »

So pretty soon within the next week I will be getting a procambarus alleni blue form. I have a 30 gallon tank that I have set up just for the crayfish, there is nothing else in it. I have 2 tanks one peaceful community tank with small fish and this one. Anyways back to my point, I have searched everywhere all over the internet for what water temperature to keep these guys at and everyone says room temperature or 55-65 degrees F or 65-85 and not one place or website would give me a solid answer so does anyone have any idea about the exact temperature to keep his tank? I'm planning on keeping it at a solid 70 degrees F. Should I change this or is this perfect?
Craw Chief
Egg
Egg

Re: Procambarus alleni care

Post by Craw Chief »

erikgallagher wrote:room temperature or 55-65 degrees F or 65-85 and not one place or website would give me a solid answer so does anyone have any idea about the exact temperature to keep his tank? I'm planning on keeping it at a solid 70 degrees F. Should I change this or is this perfect?
70 is perfect. That's what I keep my tanks at and the crayfish do well (both my alleni and my clarkii). 70 happens to be room temperature in my case, so there you have it. Hope that answers your question!
erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Re: Procambarus alleni care

Post by erikgallagher »

Thanks you, and yes it does I appreciate your time and effort to reply it helps me out a lot!