Best Dwarf Crayfish?

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Best Dwarf Crayfish?

Post by erikgallagher »

I was wondering if anyone knows what the smallest crayfish you can buy is? I also want to know what is the most peaceful tempered crayfish, preferably one that can live with fish and other bottom dwellers without harming them.
Craw Chief
Egg
Egg

Re: Best Dwarf Crayfish?

Post by Craw Chief »

The smallest crayfish species that are readily available for purchase (at least online) are Cambarellus shufeldtii and Cambarellus patzcuarensis. The orange variant of the latter is often referred to as the CPO. Both of those species are safe in community tanks as long as the fish aren't aggressive species themselves. There are other dwarf crayfish, like Cambarellus diminutus, but there a bit more difficult to find for purchase. You can buy CPOs in lots of places online and C. shufeldtii is fairly often listed on aquabid.
erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Post by erikgallagher »

Ok thank you so much for the info. I am currently doing things with both my tanks and have been trying new ideas so I might have a few more questions now and then. This forum has been helping me a lot and I thank everyone who helps me out. :)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

In my experience the C. shufeldtii have been quite a bit less aggressive to each other.