What's the shrimp on your home page?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

Welcome Pigheaddd!!!

I've visted that site a few time before.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

That site has been around for more than 5-6 years!! It has not changed ever since, either, so some of the information is actually obsolete and has turned out to be not quite correct.

Mustafa
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Pigheaddd »

here is another one. envy envy all the time when i visit those pages.

http://solecism.jp-biz.net/shrimps/shrimpindex.htm

enjoy,

Tim
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

WOW!!! That video of that mother shrimp giving birth is awsome :D
alikhanweb
Egg
Egg

Post by alikhanweb »

Piscesgirl wrote: These are my shrimp. No, I didn't get them from Azgardens. In the first picture with the sweet potato (they LOVE sweet potato, but don't care for spinach contrary to other reports I've read), the big one is my Crystal Red Bee shrimp and the other ones are Cherry Shrimp.
Really nice pictures. When you give them sweet potato do you ever clean up after it or do they gobble it up. What I am trying to get it as if I used a sweet potato would I have to worry about taking it out after some time so it doesn't contaminate the water or would the shrimp finish it up eventually.
Piscesgirl
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Piscesgirl »

What the shrimp don't finish -- the snails do. Actually, the snails start covering the potato in a very short time, so the shrimp don't always get too much of it -- but they are faster and get there first. Lately, I've tried to put smaller, tiny pieces for them so harder for the snails to cover up. However, I don't fert my tank except some calcium and magnesium, and it is high light and CO2, so all the nutrients are used -- there is no contamination of the water. I also do 30% water changes every week and re-add iodide at that time.
alikhanweb
Egg
Egg

Post by alikhanweb »

And forgot to ask, do you boil the vegetable or just give it raw.
Piscesgirl
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Piscesgirl »

for the sweet potato, I microwave it until soft -- like for human consumption -- let it cool, then scoop out some for the shrimp. For other vegies, you can blanche them.
winwin
Larva
Larva

Post by winwin »

Hello Piscesgirl,

wondering what you are feeding your shrimps in the first photo? potato (rare / boil)?

By the way, nice Red Crystal! :-D
Piscesgirl
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Piscesgirl »

LOL, Winwin -- that is actually already explained in this thread. But, it is a sweet potato, microwaved to soft as if for human consumption, and a scoop of the middle given to the shrimp. The rest IS for human consumption! LOL.

Thank you -- I love my little shrimpies!
ts168
Egg
Egg

Post by ts168 »

Piscesgirl wrote:Image

and

These are my shrimp. No, I didn't get them from Azgardens. In the first picture with the sweet potato (they LOVE sweet potato, but don't care for spinach contrary to other reports I've read), the big one is my Crystal Red Bee shrimp and the other ones are Cherry Shrimp.

Please correct me if they are not Crystal Red Bee Shrimp,although they appear to be and thats what I was told they were when I purchased them through a local fishclub workshop and auction from the gentlemen that bred them.
Is the sweet potato cook or raw?
Piscesgirl
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Piscesgirl »

microwaved to soft as if for human consumption, and a scoop of the middle given to the shrimp. The rest IS for human consumption! LOL.
Sweet potato is cooked -- microwaved, then cooled to room temp.