Tanks Are Going Well

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

erikgallagher
Egg
Egg

Tanks Are Going Well

Post by erikgallagher »

Last Friday, the 14th my crayfish arrived in the mail. He seemed to be healthy except for a missing antennae but I’m sure that will come back in a few molts. He seemed lively in the bag and when I finished acclimating him and put him in the tank he spent about 2-3 days doing nothing but climbing up to the top of my tallest plants and trying to escape my tank, but I made sure he wouldn’t have a chance at succeeding in his attempts. Yesterday he settled down and just stuck to roaming the bottom and getting to know the area. He has finally regained most of his blue color and seems happy with his new tank. 3 days before I got him I took my white, green, and blue childish gravel out and replaced it with smooth black sand. Today he found a little spot in my rocks and has begun digging a hole in the crevice. The sand addition made it nice and easy for him to push around. He hasn’t been eating much at all, I put in 3-4 1 centimeter long pellets every night and he will only eat one even after a whole night. I’m hoping he is just still a little stressed so I’m not worried because he eats a little. After I turned his tank into sand I gained some confidence and converted my other tank to black sand. I am extremely happy with the looks of it, it really brought out the colors in my fish and my crayfish. Pretty soon I’ll be adding new fish to both tanks and 1 Malaysian trumpet snail to each tank to naturally mix and aerate the sand and take care of rotten things left behind by others. In my other tank that has just peaceful community fish in it I’m to add a blue C. shufeldtii to add some color and life to lower area of the tank. My tanks are doing great right now and I am glad that I have been able to find natural ways of doing things like aerating the sand with a snail instead of a machine I like doing things naturally a lot better. I am not a fan of chemicals and try to use them only in sever emergencies. Thank you everyone for helping I’m sure this won’t be the last of my questions and if you guys like I can keep you updated with the highlights of my tank from time to time. Thanks again for your help.
Craw Chief
Egg
Egg

Re: Tanks Are Going Well

Post by Craw Chief »

Glad to hear things are going well!