My blue tiger striped Cherry Shrimp has eggs. pls help :)

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

arny
Egg
Egg

My blue tiger striped Cherry Shrimp has eggs. pls help :)

Post by arny »

Hello everyone

This is my first post, I'm hoping youll be able to answer some questions I have.

My blue tiger striped female cherry shrimp has eggs on her belly, will she lay the eggs somewhere or will the hatch on her?

How long do they take to hatch?

I have her (2cm), a yellow shrimp (1cm), a red n white shrimp (1cm) and a black n white shrimp (5mm) all in a guppy breading net to keep them away from my fish. Will she or the other shrimp eat the babies when they hatch?

Thx guys for any help :D
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: My blue tiger striped Cherry Shrimp has eggs. pls help :

Post by KenCotigirl »

Hello arny. Welcome to the forum. Good news on your shrimp being berried. I would suggest you read the Articles in the link above. It should answer your questions. Fish and shrimp do not mix. Major problem and major disappointment.

Ken
arny
Egg
Egg

Post by arny »

COTIGIRL wrote:Hello arny. Welcome to the forum. Good news on your shrimp being berried. I would suggest you read the Articles in the link above. It should answer your questions. Fish and shrimp do not mix. Major problem and major disappointment.

Ken
Thx ken just had a read through them and they answered all my questions I had :)
arny
Egg
Egg

Post by arny »

Most of the eggs have disappeared but I see no babies :( should I be able to see babies crawling around? I have the shrimp in a floating guppy breeder box.
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by KenCotigirl »

Yes if the eggs hatched and you have the mom in a breeder box you should see them.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Unless they died, of course, which happens a lot if the tank is not "perfect."
arny
Egg
Egg

Post by arny »

Shes completely empty and I can see the small brown eggs on the floor of the box. I guess they died :(