Black Sakura Shrimp Care

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jayr232
Larva
Larva

Black Sakura Shrimp Care

Post by jayr232 »

Hi! As of lately, ive been familiarizing myself to all sorts of shrimps but some of them has little or no information on google *shocks*
So this time, its about Black Sakura Shrimp or Sakura Black Shrimp.
Anyone knows whats their prefered pH, gh, kh, temp.? Thanks in advance!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Black Sakura Shrimp Care

Post by Mustafa »

Just read up on red cherry shrimp or any "Neocaridina" on this site (species description) and search the forum. It's the same species.
jayr232
Larva
Larva

Post by jayr232 »

I kinda get it how to take care of them with research with my free time turns out to be the same care as RCS needed.
So uhm this breeder where im suppose to get the Black sakura from has a problem where all his black sakura only grows up to 1.5 cm. Any advice how to get the future generation grow to 3cm? NOTE: his black sakuras are perfectly healthy and breeding ,aside that they are stunted.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

1.5 to 2 cm is the more common size in most tanks due to the balance one must strike between not feeding too much to keep the water parameters in the green, and feeding enough for optimal growth. Only in large tanks with low shrimp populations will you see some older shrimp reach the 3-3.5 cm "giant" size.