This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

csabix
Egg
Egg

Blue Dwarf Crayfish running like crazy

Post by csabix »

Hello all!

Couple of months ago I bought a pair of blue C. Patzcuarensis. The female is cool. The male was very lethargic for the first few weeks. Then, suddenly it started running around the tank. It's been a month now and it still does this thing. At present he's in a smaller aquarium. His behave didn't change a bit. Do you have any ideas why is he doing this?
NH4, NH3, NO2 levels are zero, water is partially changed every week (something like 25 %). O2 level is OK in both tanks: the bigger one has a filter pump and an air pump. The smaller one has a pump and it's placed close to the window, so it gets like 1-2 hours of sunlight a day, meaning I can see O2 bubbling from plants. The bigger tank also has lots of plants. Small tank is 18 liter, big one is 80. Small is populated only by snails. Big also has 4 guppies and 3 white clouds, plus a few RCS. BTW, the RCS are feeling fine. It's only this male who is running around all day, every day.

Do you have any idea why does he do this? I don't want to loose him.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Blue Dwarf Crayfish running like crazy

Post by Mustafa »

I know it's been a while, but how's your crayfish doing? And why do you think it's a "blue dwarf crayfish?" Never heard about a blue C. patzcuarensis. Any pictures?