Dwarf Gourami & RCS

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

itit_uk
Egg
Egg

Dwarf Gourami & RCS

Post by itit_uk »

Another question for you with experience, I have read mixed reports about Dwarf Gourami and RCS, some that they have basically hunted every shrimp in the tank adult and younger and eaten them and others where they are not even bothered. At the moment as my other posts have shown I have a happy tank at the moment and accept I am going to lose some young shrimp with the fish there but as for anything of any size they ignore them. I don't want to put my RCS colony at risk so looking to know if the Dwarf Gourami are a no no if i want them to be happy as they are swimming around the tank amongst my current fish thanks.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Dwarf Gourami & RCS

Post by Mustafa »

Even if there are a few individuals that may be relatively peaceful..I can't imagine a dwarf gourami that wouldn't eat a small or baby shrimp eventually. That's part of their natural food spectrum after all.
itit_uk
Egg
Egg

Re: Dwarf Gourami & RCS

Post by itit_uk »

I'll give them a miss then, still trying to make things right for the shrimp as it is.