keeping bee shrimp eggs alive,female died

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

richard
Egg
Egg

keeping bee shrimp eggs alive,female died

Post by richard »

:D hi my names Richard,this is my first post.im keeping tiawan bee shrimp f1/f2 mixed.i had a ph spike few weeks ago and as a result shrimp were dying on mass,3/6 aday that I could find :( I read an article on this forum from Mustafa:) which helped with the cause and after effects. anyhow the rest that are left 70ish seem very active and feeding well.hopefully im at the back end of it now, tds 135 ph 6.4 again,went to 7.6 :shock:. However lost a berried orange tiger this am, lost females b4 and removed the eggs to a small jar with an air stone for water movement,but always the eggs go mouldy after a few days, ive done the same with this female...... is the a way to keep the mould form forming on the eggs?????????????? ive got 24 eggs that are 2weeks old b4 she died, looked under a microscope and you can see them moving, well cool to see, hope to save them or some. she was my only orange bee tiger. many thanks richard
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: keeping bee shrimp eggs alive,female died

Post by Mustafa »

You can try using methylene blue. It works like a charm with fish eggs. Just a tiny drop should be enough to color the water blue (and be effective as an antifungal).
richard
Egg
Egg

Post by richard »

hi thankz for the reply and info on methylene blue, ill be trying it soon:) do you know anyone else trying this method on shrimp eggs (no copper in the methylene BLUE) :smt006 .. but got nothing to lose but give it a go!! lol ill give you a update on any hatching :smt023 best regards fellow shrimp nutter Richard(UK)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Various people have tried artificially hatching both shrimp and crayfish eggs over the years. It works for some, not so much for others. Definitely keep us updated! :)