Limnopilos naiyanetri - Micro Crabs

This forum is read-only.
GalaxiePete
Egg
Egg

Limnopilos naiyanetri - Micro Crabs

Post by GalaxiePete »

I have some coming in and they have been around a while and I am wondering if anyone has been successful in raising them beyond the larval stage?

I know a lot of people had them make it to the larval stage but not beyond. The hypothesis was they are pure fresh water creatures so salt wasn't needed. I did a bunch of googling and forum searching but I have found nothing too recent. I am thinking about trying some green water and a bunch of oak leaves.
Terran
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Limnopilos naiyanetri - Micro Crabs

Post by Terran »

I do not have them but I considered them in the past. I hope to hear more about your experience with them especially your efforts in breeding them.
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

I would also like to hear of your experiences, both the good and the bad.
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

Well I just picked up some of these at the OCA convention of all places, LOL. The seller said she had more in the tank than she bought, so maybe these can be tank raised.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

They produce tiny larvae that seem to need some really tiny food. I don't know of any breeding reports so far. Do your crabs even move at all? When I had these guys they just sat on plants all day doing absolutely *nothing*.
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

These guys are really shy! Yesterday I finally got to see a male crawl around in the tank. I had just fed the tank, and he looked like he was picking up tiny bits of flake food. I was surprised at how much larger he was than when I acquired him. But still really small, bodily. I don't think I have as many as I bought though. Recently I seen 3 of the 9 originally purchased.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Yeah..unfortunately they don't do much. They just sit there and do...nothing (most of the time), which, again unfortunately, does not make them very interesting tank inhabitants. :(
Trail_Mix
Egg
Egg

Post by Trail_Mix »

Mustafa wrote:They produce tiny larvae that seem to need some really tiny food. I don't know of any breeding reports so far. Do your crabs even move at all? When I had these guys they just sat on plants all day doing absolutely *nothing*.
What happened to your crabs? What was your tank set-up like? And presumably, your crabs mated, producing larvae, but the larvae did not survive?