HELP!!!! Second round of shrimp also dying

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

mc123
Egg
Egg

HELP!!!! Second round of shrimp also dying

Post by mc123 »

Hello,

I purchased a round of shrimp because I had one shrimp left in my ecosphere and had not realized how inhumane those were and I wanted my shrimp to have some buddies. I set up my tank and let it run for a few weeks before I introduced the shrimp. All my water parameters are good including ammonia. However, within a few months, all but one of my shrimp had died. Now I have purchased a new set of 10 plus some snails (that the website says belong with the shrimp). I have already seen a few dead carcases floating around and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. For now, I am feeding them a small bit of fish food every 2 weeks or so.

Many Thanks!
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: HELP!!!! Second round of shrimp also dying

Post by KenCotigirl »

Hello mc123. First i think you should be posting in the Supershrimp forum. The shrimp in the ecosphere are the opae ula, hawaiian shrimp, Halocaridina rubra. These shrimp live in brackish water or half full salt water. Are you using brackish water? Stop all feeding. Mustafa probably move your posts. Provide all water parameters.

Ken
Mech
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Mech »

If these are opae ula in the ecosphere then they need water that contains marine salt and not aquarium or table salt. Does your tank have any algy growing? What water did you use? Are you using tap water?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Ok, moved post to the right forum. Any updates?