Newbie looking for suppliers in the UK

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Daneland
Egg
Egg

Newbie looking for suppliers in the UK

Post by Daneland »

Hello
I have been keeping freshwater shrimps for a little while. Although I am not so successful as they stopped breeding altogether but anyway it is a different story. When I saw supershrimp I could not beleive my eyes.it was what I was looking for my work place.A small aquarium does only light ( it is correct isn ti? no filtration no pump heater etc) which can sit on the corner just to watch swimming of tiny creatures. That is amazing!!! Now I need to learn a bit more details suitable temperature range ,salinity,plants can live in the tank etc. But I need some shrimps to buy ! And so far I have found only one guy from ebay .He is asking $ 6-7 for a single shrimp.I am not a Scot :smt007 but I find it too far expensive. Is there any one who knows a reasonable supplier in the UK or EU?Or can you guys ship them to the UK.
Many thanks in advance

Kadir
Varanus
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: Newbie looking for suppliers in the UK

Post by Varanus »

Temperature range and salinity information can be found here: http://www.petshrimp.com/opaeinfo.php

I don't think there are many plants that are good to keep with them. Hence why only the special moss balls and macroalgae are sold for them in the store.
Mech
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Mech »

I know the eBay listing you are talking about, you can get them a lot cheaper from America but the postage is around £40 odd alone.
Daneland
Egg
Egg

Post by Daneland »

Thanks for your replies. Lets see what I can do...
Jay2
Egg
Egg

Post by Jay2 »

"Easishrimp" usually sells them, but their site is currently down for maintenance.