How much do Opae Ula eat ??

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

minishrimps
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: How much do Opae Ula eat ??

Post by minishrimps »

Photosynthesis!

75% or more of the oxygen in the planet’s atmosphere is actually produced by photosynthetic algae and cyanobacteria. Algae are plant-like microorganisms that preceded plants in developing the ability to turn sunlight into energy. Algae cells contain light-absorbing chloroplasts and produce oxygen through photosynthesis.

My shrimp tank has a lot of bubbles too... if I could just figure out a way to bottle and sell it... 8)
Aloha919
Larva
Larva

Post by Aloha919 »

Thanks everyone for the info. My tank is already clearing :D :D
I did not even need the snail.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Aloha919 wrote:Thanks everyone for the info. My tank is already clearing :D :D
I did not even need the snail.
Glad things worked out! Usually the best "medicine" for most kinds of problems in a Supershrimp tank is to just wait. :)
i<3Opae
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by i<3Opae »

I tried Pipipi once but they either didn't like the brackish water or the ammonia was too high. Otherwise they're free at least! :D I got all my shrimp from the pet depot too, I need to ask them how they get their opal ula next time. I'm afraid I don't wanna know the answer :? I read there are a number of different varieties of opae ula (like the ones from Oahu tend to be less red than their cousins from the big island), and I think mine aka pet depot's shrimp might be from Oahu - they are more orange red :P
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

i<3Opae wrote:I tried Pipipi once but they either didn't like the brackish water or the ammonia was too high. Otherwise they're free at least! :D I got all my shrimp from the pet depot too, I need to ask them how they get their opal ula next time. I'm afraid I don't wanna know the answer :? I read there are a number of different varieties of opae ula (like the ones from Oahu tend to be less red than their cousins from the big island), and I think mine aka pet depot's shrimp might be from Oahu - they are more orange red :P

Whatever answer you get....fact is they're all from the wild. And the color can vary even within a population so I wouldn't take that as indicator of location.