temperature changes

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

temperature changes

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

i live in the top floor of my house. in winter its warm, and in summer its almost too much. my tank was around 78/80 for a few weeks (no heater or anything, just how hot my room was) and we finally turned the ac on, and its down to 68/70 now. is that temperature change going to affect the shrimp? mainly im more curious about the berried and saddled shrimp. will she drop the eggs? if not, will they develop more slowly? is the drop in temperature going to help more become berried? should i raise the temperature a little? sorry for all the questions, im a very curious cat.
tooth
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: temperature changes

Post by tooth »

My experience with temperature fluctuation is the changing seasons. In winter the room with the tank averages about 65-68 degrees, while in the summer 72-76 degrees. The difference taking several months to play out.
I have not yet had shrimp reproduce in the winter months. They usually stop around November, and start up again in March, or so.
Keep us posted. I'd like to know the results of more sudden changes.