im so excited!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

JennyPenny
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: im so excited!

Post by JennyPenny »

For decorations, I recommend a sea fan. My shrimp climb all over the one I have.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

oh ya! i was looking at some to buy, then i switched jobs and ran out of money in between them! but i get my check for this new job tomorrow, ill get a few. maybe i can get some algae on the branches and make a tree type of deal lol
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

got a second batch of larva being dropped, that started today. also three other berried shrimp ive noticed besides the one dropping the larva
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i got about 25 larva floating around that i counted today. 1 shrimp about to release a batch of larva, and 4 others berried. i also found a cluster of 4 eggs that look to have been detached or dropped that are stuck on a piece of algae. im watching this close to see if they hatch. the shrimp from the first batch are benthic and now beginning to be seen around occasionally. its so cool to see how small they are when theyre next to adults.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

ive got about 50 (give or take 5/6) larva floating around now. 2 still berried shrimp. so in about a month more my population will have tripled from initial purchase. im thinking about buying maybe 20 more adults to add some genetics into the gene pool. it may be unnecessary, but i just might do it anyway. the snails are out of control. but thats cool. maybe i can set up another small tank for my moms classroom or something with some snails and a few shrimp. i think she might like that on her desk.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I'm glad you're having success! :)