My tank setup

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Kneedles
Egg
Egg

My tank setup

Post by Kneedles »

Hello all!

Looking for any feedback!

Below is my tank that I have set up! (I haven't mixed the water up or anything yet, as I am still figuring out how much to add salt wise.) I guess what I am wondering is if that is enough surface space to grow the algae properly? Also is it enough for the shrill as well? I used faked plants (if you couldn't tell by the color haha :lol: ) is that okay? I also have a big lava rock in the back because I read that the shrimp enjoy those!

I guess my biggest concern is that that isn't enough for the shrimp to have hiding places and really thrive the way I want them too! So any feedback would be amazing! Thank you guys!
Attachments
IMG_2819.JPG
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: My tank setup

Post by KenCotigirl »

Nice tank. Big fan of spheres. No need to provide hiding places. It just provides hiding places. Many people have plain tanks. No substrate no decorations. The shrimp thrive. Just decorate as you please. Hint. Too much decorations and you won't see the shrimp.

Ken
JennyPenny
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by JennyPenny »

I think your tank looks great!!
They do not need hiding places (Mustafa has bare breeding tanks) and there is plenty of surface area for algae.
jcfrank922
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by jcfrank922 »

Hi. You asked how much salt to use. You need brackish water with about 1/2 the salinity of ocean water. I used "instant ocean" brand salt. The box said to use 1/2 cup per gallon water to make ocean water, so I cut that in half and used 1/4 cup salt for 1 gallon of distilled water.